Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cookies, Candies and Cupcakes...

This is my first entry into my new blog, squarebakery.

My name is Jen Faist and I simply love to bake. I bake at least once a week. Baking is my therapy, my communion, one of the great loves in my life.

There is something about creating a recipe from scratch that yields a small and delicious edible that will make someone smile, it's so simple. Maybe that is where the expressions “piece of cake" or "easy as pie” come from? I’ll have to look that up.

Bake goods can be the ultimate equalizer. Nothing is more disarming than a cupcake with rainbow sprinkles. It can instantly put one in a good mood and spark a childhood memory. The aroma of baked cinnamon does it for me. I’m ten, in pajamas drinking hot cocoa on a cold winter’s day.

I love to bake. I plan to share my experiments in baking on a weekly basis. My diary will include storytelling, photos and recipes of handheld goodies conceived in my living lab…my square kitchen, my squarebakery.

Take time to enjoy what you are eating, the people that surround you and engage in great conversation every day. Life will taste sweeter if you do.

Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment