Monday, February 16, 2009

Spicy Ginger Cupcakes

I wasn't really in the mood for a chocolaty bite or a fruity cake today. So, I ventured into my spice rack and whipped up a simple spice cake with cinnamon, allspice, vanilla and a zing of ginger.

As the cakes were cooling, I made a simple butter cream frosting. The frosting was good, but needed a little something. Back to the spice rack where I grabbed and added the following ingredients:

- 2 tablespoons of organic honey
- 3 drops of violet flower
- 3 teaspoons of orange oil
- dash of crumbled lavender
- 3 tablespoons of water

These complicated flavors blended nicely into the base of the butter cream frosting. The fragrant spread transformed my simple spice cakes into something extra special. I embellished them with a sprinkle of raw sugar and a few candy flowers.

Simple Butter Cream Frosting

1 stick of organic unsalted butter
10 X (2 lb bag) powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon of your favorite vanilla (mine is Mexican vanilla)
4 Tablespoons of milk or water


Blend together into a delicious creamy frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment